Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Pink Bathroom is Going


Everyone has always talked about "The Pink Bathroom."  I've seen lots of bathrooms with pink in them.  The home I grew up in even had some pink in one of its bathrooms.  But a bathroom with THIS MUCH PINK, so much that everyone knows what room you're talking about when you say "The Pink Bathroom," is unique.

I had never seen a pink tub before this one

Matching pink sink is a nice touch

Custom cabinet by Kelly

Still trying to decide if we should keep the wallpaper

Curtains may be in it for the long haul too...

The floral theme goes throughout the home
Custom toilet seat by Pam - This is a KEEPER
We do really like the archway, but it will have to go for our plans to work

It took Pam months to find this gem


So, this is how everyone remembers the Pink Bathroom.  Now, let's see how it is transforming.

First walls coming out

Lots of lathe and plaster needed to be removed


No more archway

Our first look at the knob and tube wiring in the upstairs walls

These construction photos are the first of many.  This was after the first day of demo work.  Progress in the bathroom was kind of slow because we had to work around plumbing and electrical issues, but we hope that things will pick up speed as we move into other rooms.  Stay tuned for more photos and discoveries as we move along!

5 comments:

Pam said...

I love this play by play! You guys are working so hard! It will be so fun to see the transformations!

Kalyn Denny said...

So fun watching it happen!

Amee said...

WOW! I think that toilet lid might have to show up for the white elephant next year! :) Unless Pam has special attachment to it.

Nick & Alyson said...

Don't worry Amee. We have found many great white elephants so far!

Unknown said...

I am lobbying to keep the toilet seat around, but Alyson is not convinced.