Friday, May 30, 2008

"School's Out For Summer...."

WOO HOO!!! School is finally over! You would think, by my excitement, that I hated my job, but I actually love it. I had something happen today with one of my students that makes me love what I do. I have a student that LOVES the Price Is Right. It is the most important thing to him and he can tell you the year that he turns 18 and gets to go see the Price Is Right in person. Well, anyway, he has a book called "Come On Down". It is his pride and joy. He brings it everyday in his backpack and shows it for Show 'N' Tell every week. Today he walked up to me and handed me his "Come On Down" book. He said, "Alyson, you can have my price is right book". I almost started crying because that is probably one of the best compliments I have ever received in my life. You might think it is kind of silly, but if you knew actually how important it was to him you would understand. I had to double check about 100 times to make sure he was sure. He just kept saying, "Alyson gets the price is right book." He, of course, at the end of the day decided to take it home, but just knowing that he would let me have it for a few hours made me so happy. I absolutely love my kids!

Even though I love my kids and job I am ready for a break and am very excited for all my upcoming events. In case you are wondering here are my plans.....

sleeping in
lots of golfing
laying out at the pool
going to Denver
seeing Tim McGraw in concert
camping
probably taking a trip to the beach
and a whole lot of nothing!

Enjoy your summer and if you ever want to hang out I am available for 2 1/2 months!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pathetic am I? I actually started to cry when I read your story. I'm definitely a Willey. I'm totally gonna call in sick a couple times this summer so we can hang & go to the beach (Pineview)!

Pam said...

I want to hang out and Golf!!

I can totally relate to the kid with the price is right book...I work with a few of them and right now I am soooo happy for a summer break.

It was hard to say goodbye to Eric today...I've worked with him for 7 years! He is so stubborn...watch out seventh grade.

The Biblers said...

We are only like 8 hours from Denver - you should totally come to Kansas City!! I know aplace you could stay for free!!

Aly Goalen said...

Man, I'm officially very jealous you get the summer off! Enjoy it lady!

Angee said...

It's not just a Willey crying thing, because I got tears in my eyes too. What a compliment to a great teacher!

I've been to Denver. If you need any advice, ask. Although I'm not sure you'd be up for the Children's Museum (it is great). Are you hitting a baseball game?

Nick & Alyson said...

We are going to a baseball game. They are playing the Giants. I have never been to a professional game and I am very excited! I love baseball!!