My roommate, Miriam, and I have had this great idea of riding our bikes to work. You would think that we are kind of nuts since we live in Salt Lake and work in Clinton, but we had a plan. We decided we had to complete this goal before the kids came back to school in case we got to work late. Yesterday morning we got up and left our house at 6:25! (Way to early for me) and rode our bikes down to the Frontrunner (about 2.5 miles). We hopped on the train and rode up to the Roy station. Then rode from the station to our schools (4.5 miles). I arrived at my school at 8:35. It took us 2 hours and 10 minutes (definitely not worth it). Here are some pictures from the trek.
Miriam enjoying the scenery outside her window on the way up to school.
Me posing for my pic on the train. The pictures aren't too flattering of either of us. We are both out of shape (me more than Miriam) and it was hard work to finish this task. I am sad to say that I didn't get to ride the most difficult part (from the train station home in the Avenues) because I got a flat tire. I ran over a sticker somewhere up in Clinton/Clearfield area.
This was fun to do once, but I don't think I'll try it again for a long time!!!
4 comments:
That does not sound like a lot of fun!
So glad you at least tried it. Too bad it costs so much and takes way too long, I think the exercise bonus would make it a great daily activity!
You guys look awesome!
ps I dont want to have to come pick you up everyday either so maybe you should not do it again!!!
At least you can say you did it! Some things look and seem better then they really are. That's crazy it took you over 2 hours to get to work.....you must live in California! Love you blog. It looks like you had a fun summer! Love ya Jen Souter
Post a Comment