About a month ago I went to Southern California to visit my Uncle Rand and his Partner Bradley. I thought it was about time to update everyone on my trip. Rachel and I drove out there on a Thursday and then headed back home the following Sunday. It was a very short trip, but it was extremely fun. This was actually the first time in about 4 years that it hasn't rained when I've gone to visit. I think the curse has been broken!

We stopped just after Vegas to fill up the car with gas and they had this weird pay station thing. Usually you pay at the pump, but not at this gas station. You had to go to a central credit card station, put in your pump number, and then pay. Rachel was super confused!!

We stopped in Vegas and ate at Pink Taco in the Hard Rock Casino. We actually stopped to play "War", but the table was closed both times we stopped so we ate dinner instead. We were very disappointed with the "no war", but the food was delicious.

We spent all day Friday laying out on the beach, but we forgot to get some pictures so we headed down Saturday night to get a picture. We wanted one of both of us so we asked some other tourists that were taking pictures to take one of us. Unfortunately we found one that didn't speak English and has apparently has never worked a camera. This is the picture we got!

Sunday morning, Rachel woke me up screaming that there was a critter in our "condo". I had a shopping bag laying next to her bed (luckily I had taken the clothes out!) and she kept hearing something moving around inside. I didn't want to grab the bag so she went in to get Rand and Bradley and this is what they found inside.....a Jerusalem Cricket. The really funny thing is Rachel was sleeping between the door and the shopping bag so I'm sure it crawled right up over the top of her. It made the trip home with us because I had to bring Tim and Cooper a present.

Bradley, Rand, Rachel, and I standing in front of Diddy Riese. It is a place where you can choose two freshly baked cookies and any type of ice cream to go in the middle. Very delicious!!
Thank you Rand and Bradley for letting us come and visit. Hope to see you again soon!
4 comments:
1st- I appreciate you posting the ugliest pic of me for the whole trip!!! I was super confused though.
2nd- QUIT TALKING ABOUT JERRY!!! I still am traumatized at all the possibilities!
3rd- ha ha ha ha ha I really think you had to be there to know how funny the foriegn lady taking the pic was! Its was so funny!
4th- LOVE Rand and Bradley!
5th- You forgot to mention our boyfriends we aquired. I think sometimes people doubt our ability to find men, so we must brag when it happens. All I have to do is "smile" and if you "surfed" you would totally be married by now!!
PEACE OUT
Surfed or in a band! Ha ha ha that is too funny. I totally forgot about all the many boyfriend opportunities!!!! So Cal....here we come.
How was eating a Pink Taco? Better than you thought? :)
Looks like you guys had a blast! Your Uncle and Partner are so cute! It really actually makes me miss my brother and his partner Manuel. They are living in Brussels. Wouldn't that be fun to go there? I miss you!!!
What a fun trip! I wish we would make more fun-short weekend trips like that-we are boring!
Post a Comment