Monday, February 25, 2008

Oscars 2008

I was able to attend and Oscar Party last night at Rachel's house. I love the Oscars and look forward to them each year. In the past I have been able to see most of the movies up for nomination, but this year I only saw one or two. For those of you that missed out on this wonderful event.....here are a few of the winners.

Daniel Day Lewis-Best Actor for There Will Be Blood


Juno - Best Original Screen Play

Marion Cotillard- Best Actress- La Vie En Rose

No Country for Old Men (The Cohen Brothers)- Best Director/Best Picture

**I would have loved to see Juno win more because I absolutely loved the movie, but unfortunately it didn't. :(

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw No Country for Old Men. It was pretty good except for the ending. It just ends! Weird.

Kara said...

I didn't see any of the movies except for Bourne Ultimatum (good show). I just heard that they are going to make a 4th Bourne movie with Matt Damon. I hope Julia Stiles and him will finally hook up.

Pam said...

We watched together--Kristen, Kara, Dad, Me, and the kids. I think three of us tied in the balloting. We got 8 right. I thought that was good for me as all of mine were total guesses. I only saw borne ultimatum--it was good.

I saw Vantage Point this past weekend--opening day--and thought it was a great movie.

Angee said...

Daniel Day Lewis? Wasn't he the guy in Last of the Mohicans like 15 years ago?

I am so out of show business. I can't even remember an adult movie that I've seen...

Nick & Alyson said...

Yes, he was in Last of the Mohicans. I guess he did an amazing job in No Country for Old Men. I guess I should see it.

Anonymous said...

Um........Aly.....Daniel Day Lewis was not in No Country for Old Men :) He was in There Will Be Blood. HA!

Nick & Alyson said...

Oops, I guess I meant There Will Be Blood. My bad! Aparently he did really well in that.