Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hiking with Alex

Last week my friend, Alex, and I decided to go hiking. We decided that today was the day. We went up Milcreek canyon and hiked up "Rattlesnake Gulch". I think it is also called the pipeline. It was only about 2 miles, but for the first mile it was straight up hill. I warned Alex that I might pass out and not to make fun of me. Surprisingly I did pretty good. I did make it to the top so that counts for something, right?!?

Here is Alex standing next to the "Rattlesnake Gulch" sign.

Here is Alex and I at the beginning of the trail.....before I began to sweat immensely!


These two pictures are the view from the top of the mountain....you could see the city better if there wasn't so much smog! It was so disgusting to see how smoggy the city is and to think that we actually breathe that stuff!

We made it!!! Actually Alex had no problem, but me on the other hand is a little fatter and out of shape. :) This is us as we made it around the first bend toward the lookout point. We even got to see a deer run across the trail about 50 feet in front of us. It was a fun hike and there was a great view of the valley.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Looks like a beautiful place. Is the temp 115 degrees!! If so I don't know that I could come close to hiking that far...ah, the memories of Moab!

Hilda said...

I love Milcreek Canyon. It's beautiful up there. I've never gone up that trail, but sounds like a killer